Saturday 6 September 2014

Mini Boots Haul

Hello Internet friends :)

Today I am going to share with you a few things that I picked up recently from Boots.




Is is just me or do products seem to always run out around the same time? Well that is what happened to me... I ran out of my usually Neutrogena blackhead wash and only have one-two more showers left of my Herbal Essence shampoo. 




Boots were having great deals so I picked up another bottle of the Herbal Essence Bee Strong shampoo for half price at €2.74 available here. Herbal Essence seems to be one of those brands that are on offer quite a lot so I generally pick up a bottle or two when they I know that I am running low on shampoo to get a bargain when it is available.




I really love this shampoo, I talked about it in my Shower Routine post linked here. It is great at leaving behind soft silky hair but it doesn't leave any residue or weight on the scalp and roots. I have developed a sensitive scalp over the past few years for some reason :( I used to use L'Oreal Paris shampoo's whatever one my mam picked up in the shopping but if I use their shampoo's more than twice in a row, whenever I run out of the Herbal Essence shampoo, my scalp becomes very itchy and tight (not a pleasant experience). I have not had this issue with the Bee Strong shampoo so I will be staying with it for a while.




The next deal that I picked up is the Garnier Pure Active Anti-Blackhead Deep Pore Wash. I have never used this product before so I am excited to give it a go. I just finished the Neutrogena blackhead wash and I didn't notice any difference in the appearance of my pores and blackheads. I have quite big pores on my nose so I use washes that are focused on blackheads just in this area and another one to wash my entire face. I am currently using the L'Oreal Gel wash to do my entire face.

There was 1/3 off Garnier Pure Active products so I picked the wash up for €3.33 available here





Boots are currently offering 3 for 2 across Maybelline products.
I needed to buy a new mascara and concealer so I also picked up a new foundation as I would then be getting one of them for free and who doesn't love free stuff!

I bought the Rocket Mascara which I Love!! This has to be my 4th or 5th tube of the stuff in a row! If something works for you I think its best to just stick with what works. This mascara is great at adding volume to my lashes and holding a curl. As someone with short stubby lashes this is amazing. It is also very good quality for price... only €11.99, available here compared to higher end mascara's I have used in the past which were double the price!

I also repurchased the Eraser under eye concealer in light. I find this amazing at hiding dark under eyes are making me look more awake in the morning by brightening up my eye area. I like to use it on any blemishes that I might have as it has great coverage and it doesn't crease. I picked it up for €11.99 available here, but with the 3 for 2 promotion I got it for free :)

The last product that I picked up is the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation in Light Beige. I haven't found a foundation that I think suits my skin type and tone perfectly yet so I am always trying new ones. Does anyone else feel that when they first use a new foundation that it is amazing but after a few months it doesn't have the same effect it did at the start? Or am I just being weird?
The foundation is available here for €13.49

Overall I saved over €16 by buying these with the promotions :) and as I actually needed to buy 4 of the products I think that is a great bargain. ( I didn't need to buy a new foundation but who doesn't like having options

Have you ever tried any of these products? What do you think ?

Until next time

xoxo


Follow me on my social media networks  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation sounds fab, have seen it cropping up a lot recently! And I too find that foundations stop having the great affect on my skin that they did when I first get them, why is that?! Crazy!

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only used the foundation a few times so far and its okay, nothing amazing but good coverage and finish.

      I don't know!! its very annoying though :(

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Rocket mascara is great :) Love it!

    - http://bloandbru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, have seen some people who hate it and others who love it, think its an either/or situation in this case

      xoxo

      Delete