Wednesday 6 January 2016

My New Year Goals

Happy New Year everyone! 

 
I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas and  New Year. The start of the New Year brings out everyone's "New Year, New Me" mantra where everyone will stop drinking/ become a gym bunny/ eat clean/ travel the world etc etc etc. 

I find that making resolutions that go from zero to 100 are unachievable and unrealistic! This post is mainly about the ways in which I want to gradually change my lifestyle, with goals set of where I want to be at by the end of 2016. 


#1: Live healthier

My first goal for 2016 is to live a lifestyle that looks after my body! This will mean eating better food, losing weight and increasing my fitness levels. At the moment I am the heaviest that I have ever weighted and I am really unhappy about this. It is crazy how quickly your weight can seem to creep up on you and to get back to where I used to be I have come up with a few ways that I think will help. 

The first is to use a food dairy! Writing down what you eat each day makes you accountable for everything that goes into your mouth and can show how much more calories you are consuming then you think you are. The first time I did this I was shocked by how much extra food I was eating every week that I would forget about because I was mindlessly eating it. 

The second is to get my butt to the gym at least three times a week! When living in Sydney I was paying $56 every two weeks to have access to the gym and looking back on it I didn't utilise it enough to be paying that amount of money every month... 

By the end of the year I want to lose 1 stone or 14 lbs/6.3 kgs. This will be losing the weight that I put on during 2015 and something that I want to lose forever! 

#2 Reflection 

Something that I did throughout 2015 was writing in a diary what I did everyday. I didn't document every single part of my day but I wrote what hours I was working every week and then anything I did socially aswell such as meeting friends to go to lunch or going to the cinema. I love that I can now look back on this and can remember things so much better . 

While I will continue to do this in 2016 I will also be using a new book that I bought from TYPO which is the "Thoughts and Reflections" book. The book asks a question for everyday of the year from things like "What has inspired you the most today" to questions like "What is the latest celebrity scandal". The same question is asked on the same day every year so that when you have completed the book after three years you can look back on how similar or different your answers are.

#3 Blog more

I really neglected my blog during 2015 and I'm not happy about that. Lack of Internet and computer was a major factor into why I was MIA for the majority of 2015 but now that I have both, I feel that the only thing stopping me from blogging more regularly is my own laziness. I feel that aiming to post once every two weeks will get me back into the swing of blogging regularly again:) 

Along with posting more I really want to grow on my social media platforms, especially Facebook and Instagram so if you aren't already following me check them out here for Facebook  and here for Instagram :)

#4 Go to New Zealand

One place that I have always wanted to visit some day when I was younger was New Zealand. It looks like an absolutely beautiful country. My aim for this year is to go to New Zealand before I head back home to Ireland for good, seeing as I don't imagine that I will be on this add of the world again any time in the next decade once I am home. 

I feel like the goals I have set for 2016 are something that I can accomplish. As I said at the start the main objective of this post is to change certain aspects of my life to grow into a healthier and happier person by the end of the year. 

 
I hope that this post as helped you to set your own new year goals or resolutions if you haven't already decided what they are or to just motivate you to do try something different. 

Do we share any of the same goals or 2016?

Until next time 

XoXo
 

Make sure to check out my new Facebook Page :) would love some more followers ! 

 

 
Follow me on my social media networks  
 


5 comments:

  1. Have followed hun! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have followed hun! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    We share the goals of becoming healthier and blogging more! :)
    I've found Twitter to be best for promoting blog posts by the way, and that's where I found your blog too!
    I love the sound of the Thoughts and Reflections book! It sounds like a really fun random thing to do!

    Happy new year!
    Hope you achieve it all!
    www.saraallie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye the thoughts and reflections book is fun I would definitely recommend getting one! I always have loved keeping little things to remember places and events so I think this will be a nice way to remember the more random events that happen daily but are soon forgotten.

      Yes Twitter is such a great platform for bloggers, sometimes feel that it is so easy to get lost in the seas of tweets though!

      Thank You hope you reach all your goals for 2016 also :)

      xoxo

      Delete